BBG’s Office of Contracts is responsible for soliciting, negotiating, awarding and administering all agency contracts. Its mission is to support the mission of the BBG by performing contract administration activities and conducting procurements that are awarded on time, at the right price, and that meet expected quality and performance requirements. The Office of Contracts also manages and administers the agency’s government purchase card program, as well as shapes and develops agency acquisition policy and guidance.
How to do business with BBG
- Know your business. If you’re a small business, check The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Know your product code. Determine The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) for your products or services. This code is used by many agencies when purchasing and you will need it when filling out various forms.
- Get identification. Obtain a DUNS Number from Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). A DUNS Number is a unique nine-digit identification sequence, which provides unique identifiers of single business entities, while linking corporate family structures together.
- Register with the government. Register with the System for Award Management (SAM). When registration is complete, your organization will be issued a CAGE Code. You will need your DUNS number in order to register, so have it handy. Note: you cannot receive award from the government without SAM registration.
- Apply for opportunities. Review current opportunities on the Federal Business Opportunities (FBO). A link to Federal Business Opportunities is the single government point-of-entry for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. Also, check for contract awards to determine sub-contracting opportunities and to check which agencies are purchasing your product or services.
Justification for Other Than Full and Open Competition and Other Notices
In accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation, certain Justifications for Use of Other Than Full and Open Competition will be posted here as well as to the FBO when available.