The Department of Justice requires Federal agencies to provide the public with quarterly and annual reports concerning the management and operation of their Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) programs. At the BBG, requests are centrally managed by the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The OGC’s FOIA Office receives, coordinates the search for and processing of requested materials, and reviews and releases responses to requesters.
The BBG is committed to conducting its operations as openly and transparently as possible and consistently strives to meet all its expectations under the FOIA and the additional guidance provided by the President of the United States and the Attorney General. The FOIA Office is always searching for innovative ways to provide more information in less time and to improve the service it provides to the public.
Reports are prepared under the direction and supervision of the agency’s Chief FOIA Officer. The reports’ structures follow the format specified in the Department of Justice guidelines applicable to agencies receiving fewer than 1,000 requests per year.
You may download our reports in PDF format using the drop-down menu on the right, or download the data (in JSON and XML formats) below:
- Annual FOIA Report (XML, 27KB)
- Quarterly Report 2015-Q1 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2015-Q2 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2015-Q3 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2015-Q4 (.zip)
- Annual FOIA Report (XML, 25KB)
- Quarterly Report 2014-Q1 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2014-Q2 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2014-Q3 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2014-Q4 (.zip)
- Annual FOIA Report (XML, 31KB)
- Quarterly Report 2013-Q1 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2013-Q2 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2013-Q3 (.zip)
- Quarterly Report 2013-Q4 (.zip)
Older annual reports
- 2012 Annual FOIA Report (XML, 32KB)
- 2011 Annual FOIA Report (XML 2.86KB)
- 2010 Annual FOIA Report (XML 3.03KB)