About Our Networks
– As press freedom in Iraq declines, Reporters Without Borders notes that Alhurra TV crew was prevented from covering a protest in Karbala.
– Vietnamese blog Ba Sam advises readers on how to read articles on blocked websites like Radio Free Asia and Voice of America.
– Wall Street Journal praises proposed international broadcasting legislation.
– Washington Post on the death of Kenneth Tomlinson.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Foreign Policy piece on polio cites VOA interview with Saira Afzal Tarar, Pakistan’s national minister of health.
– Foreign Policy writes feature around RFE/RL video of prosecutor’s threat to Crimean Mejilis.
– Yonhap cites VOA and RFA reporting on DRPK-EU relations.
– Daily NK cites RFA reporting on food rations in North Korea.
– Yahoo News uses video from RFE/RL Iraqi Service of vote counting in Iraq.
– FANA News (Federation of Arab News Agencies) cites Radio Sawa reporting that U.S. may impose sanctions on individuals on both sides of South Sudan conflict, involvomg a ban on travel to the United States and the freezing of any assets under U.S. authority.
– Turkishny.com (popular diaspora news portal) picks up VOA coverage of launch of “Turkish Cuisine Tales,” a new cultural series from the American Turkish Association of Washington DC.
– Almejhar News (Jordanian news site) cites Radio Sawa report that Human Rights Watch criticized Lebanon for refusing entry to 40 Palestinians from Syria.
– Alnassr News (pan-Arab news portal) cites Radio Sawa’s report on the search operation for 11 crew members of a cargo vessel that sank after colliding with a container ship in waters near Hong Kong
– Checking the authenticity of digital images.
– A deep look at Russian and western media coverage of Odesa tragedy.
– Report: The American Journalist in the Digital Age
– Journalists targeted in eastern Ukraine.
– How to engage readers when you have dense content.