About Our Networks
– New York Times editorial about possible reforms to U.S. international media.
– NPR recalls how VOA and Radio Liberty were a window to freedom during the Cold War.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Wall Street Journal cites Radio Free Asia reporting on the conflict in Xinjiang.
– Washington Post uses photo from VOA’s Steve Herman in piece on Thai coup.
– McClatchy quotes VOA’s Vietnamese Service on China firing water canons at fisheries surveillance officers.
– International Business Times uses RFE/RL’s interview of U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Morningstar on human rights.
– Zambian Watchdog cites VOA reporting on presidential trial.
– Lao Dong (Vietnamese newspaper) picks up VOA Vietnamese Service special report on the South China Sea dispute.
– Libyan journalist Meftah Bouzid killed in Benghazi.
– Italian journalist Andrea Rocchelli killed in Ukraine.
– BBC increases shortwave to Thailand.
– The State Department tweets about terrorism.
– Turkish journalist fired following critical column on mining disaster.
– Not clicking on links in the media highlights.