About Our Networks
– Reporters Without Borders criticizes proposal to make U.S. international media a propaganda tool, urges broadcasters to remain objective and independent.
– Freedom House on separatists disrupting broadcasts of RFE/RL and VOA Ukrainian.
– Channels TV and VOA sign a news partnership.
– Roll Call points out that the bill calling for USIM to spend additional $10 million on Ukraine coverage was an unfunded mandate.
– A proposal to defund VOA.
Citations of BBG Networks
– CNN cites VOA reporting on climate change.
– RFE/RL’s Golnaz Esfandiari quoted in The Guardian on Canada inviting MEK member to speak.
– Deutsche Welle cites VOA reporting on possibility of Nigerian president visit to Chibok.
– Design & Trend covers the hijab selfie project, which started on VOA Persian’s OnTen.
– Digital Journal cites VOA Khmer piece on return of ancient statue from U.S. to Cambodia.
– Sada Elbalad (Egyptian news site) and many other publications cited Radio Sawa for its interview with the former Tunisian foreign minister Kamal Murjan regarding his candidacy to replace the UN envoy for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi,. “I am not the only candidate for this position, but I am taking the matter seriously,” Murjan stated.
– How to get the news on net neutrality.
– Press freedom vs the right to be forgotten.
– New York Times internal report on innovation.
– The reporter vs the brand.