About Our Networks
– Armed men force BBG affiliate station off air in Eastern Ukraine.
– CPJ on press freedom in Azerbaijan, restrictions and jamming against VOA and RFE/RL.
– National Review notes Putin’s crackdown on independent media outlets, including Voice of America.
– OPM looks at the HR challenges within the BBG and other agencies.
Citations of BBG Networks
– “It was a kind of symbolic activism, to let people know how China was treating the status of the Uighur language.” New York Times uses Radio Free Asia reporting on linguistics and human rights.
– Christian Science Monitor quotes RFE/RL interview on EU’s showdown with Gazprom.
– South China Morning Post cites VOA reporting on Chinese police orders for activist Tan Zuoren not to talk to media.
– Reason cites RFE/RL liveblog on possible EU sanctions on Russia.
– Yonhap cites VOA reporting on Panama trial for crew members of North Korean ship.
– Consider using alternative story forms.
– Map of Russia’s “nervous neighbors”
– New Facebook page publishes self-submitted photos of Iranian women sans hijab.
– Women and media in Zimbabwe.
– Cryptocat adds encrypted Facebook chat.