About Our Networks
– Washington Post piece on Putin exerting power recalls how Russia stopped broadcasts by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
– Vice article on the value of drone journalism mentions Voice of America.
– China Digital Times recalls the importance of VOA during the 1989 democracy movement in China.
– Reporters Without Borders mentions RFE/RL as one of the barred foreign media outlets in Azerbaijan.
– The American Conservative remembers Ken Tomlinson and U.S. international media during the Cold War.
– Radio World on the BBG’s FY2015 budget proposal.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Washington Post cites RFE/RL interview with Vyacheslav Ponomaryov on “unspoken agreement” regarding killing soldiers and civilians.
– Vice cites VOA interview with South Sudan’s finance minister, Aggrey Tisa Sabuni on the country’s economic crisis.
– Index on Censorship quotes RFA on censorship and the differences between Vietnamese and Lao media.
– The Guardian cites RFE/RL’s Crimea branch for reporting on water dispute.
– DailyNK cites VOA report on North Korean defector entering the U.S.
– Washington Post notes VOA interview with actress and singer Maria Conchita Alonso.
– RFE/RL’s Golnaz Efandiari’s reporting on freedom from hijab project in Iran used in EA WorldView.
– Voice of Russia cites VOA report on the mechanism of lucid dreaming.
– Fort Morgan Times cites VOA interview with Nigerian authorities on missing girls.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA on shutdown of Tibetan school.
– UPI published an article about Alhurra’s interview with the former Yemeni president Ali Abdullah Saleh. In the interview, Mr. Saleh stated that the Muslim Brotherhood orchestrated, financed and executed the explosion in the presidential compound’s mosque. “I left power by my own will to avoid war and bloodshed in Yemen,” he added.
– Many other news outlets cited Alhurra for its interview with the former Yemeni president, including: Al Qabas, Rai Al Youm; Yemen Press, Albawaba News, Ana Yemeni, Al Matraqa,Aden Almanara, Hadr Mout, Mukalla Today, Al Khabar Now, Al Motamar, Yemen News, Erem News, Khabar Agency, Radfan Press; Alfajr Algadeed, Msader, Al Ittihad, Massa Press, Albald News, Al Asria, Elbashayer, Rasd 24, Al Hakika, Khabar News Agency, Motaded, Alsaeeda Television, Yemen Today, Yemen Voice, Kalam Akhbar, Aladwaa Net, Barakish, Moragboon Press, Yemen Alaan, Almashhad Alyemeni, Shibam News.
– Several possible models for a Russian internet crackdown.
– Social media’s dangerous role in Ukraine unrest.
– Pakistan expels two Indian journalists.