About Our Networks
– Hisham Melhem, Washington bureau chief of Al Arabiya News, discusses Arab and American media in an op-ed following his discussion of the same at the February meeting of the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
– The history and fate of the old VOA Delano Transmitting Station, which was shut down in 2007.
Citations of BBG Networks
– MarkeyWatch cites VOA piece on feuds breaking out in Syria-Turkey border villages.
– Yonhap cites VOA report on outbreak of foot-and-mouth disease in North Korea.
– Chosun Ilbo cites RFA reporting on Russia’s possible involvement in Kaesong Industrial Complex.
– Digital Journal cites VOA report on Putin-Obama phone call.
– Dawn quotes VOA interview with Afghan Presidential Spokesman Aimal Faizi on leftover military hardware.
– AllAfrica quotes VOA interview with Nigerian Presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati regardingBoko Haram attack.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA on political prisoner being denied medical care in China.
– “We did interview [Kim Jong-un], but we didn’t get it on camera.”
– Spanish journalists kidnapped in Syria return home.
– Do you speak dictator?
– Technology is not a silver bullet answer to the world’s problems.
– Things to know about Turkey’s social media ban.
– “This American Life” considers self-distribution on radio.
– GAO to study root causes of low employee morale.