About Our Networks
– Daily News Egypt reports on the BBG’s findings about media use in Egypt.
Citations of BBG Networks
– NBC News cites RFE/RL coverage of Ukraine sanctions debate.
– Guardian quotes Alhurra TV interview in article on new laws in Iraq that permit marital rape.
– CPJ quotes VOA interview with Oliver Modi, the chairman of the Union of Journalists in South Sudan.
– Japan Times cites RFA report that that Uyghurs are pretending to be Turkish for asylum.
– Bangkok Post cites RFA report that Rohingyas left out of Burma’s census.
– UPI cites VOA report on attack in northern Nigerian town.
– The National Interest cites RFE/RL piece on Ukraine constitutional questions.
In the foreign-language press:
– Ram Rem (Egyptian news site) cites Radio Sawa report that President Barack Obama told Russian President Vladimir Putin the United States rejected the results of a secession referendum in Ukraine’s Crimea region and warned that Washington was ready to impose sanctions on Moscow over the crisis.
– YTN (South Korean news agency) cites Radio Free Asia report that a US NGO Wellspring sent mounted drilling machine trucks to North Korea requested by a NK cooperation organization, Underground Water Development Laboratory.
– The state of journalism in Turkey.
– Missing Malaysia jet and anti-journalism.
– How Americans choose to get their news.
– WeChat censorship crackdown.
– RT blocked on YouTube?
– Wall Street Journal takes down its chandelier.