About Our Networks
– New York Times profiles Cambodia’s Beehive Radio, notes that it airs both Radio Free Asia and Voice of America programming.
– Columbia Journalism Review interviews RFE/RL Ukrainian Service director Maryana Drach.
– 94% of Egyptians used TV for news in the past week, only 5% used Twitter. Broadcasting & Cable discusses the BBG’s media research study on Egypt.
Citations of BBG Networks
– The Guardian quotes RFA interview regarding an apparent self-immolation in article about China arresting citizen journalists reporting on self-immolations and other controversial topics.
– NPR cites VOA reporting on latest developments in Ukraine.
– TIME cites RFA reporting on Uyghurs detained in Thailand.
– South China Morning Post cites RFA reporting on Chen Kaipin disappearance.
– Yonhap cites VOA and RFA reporting on humanitarian aid that private NGOs are offering North Korea.
– Washington Times cites RFE/RL in coverage of Russian websites being blocked.
– Employee morale and work conditions at RT.
– Russia accuses U.S. of discrimination against Russian journalists.
– Asking the correct - and preapproved - questions in China.
– Google will encrypt all searches.