About Our Networks
– U.S. News & World Report remembers Willis Conover’s VOA jazz programs as an example of cultural diplomacy.
– Congressman highlights Havel’s support of RFE/RL in House speech.
– International Federation of Journalists calls on China to respect press freedom, recalls incident where Radio Free Asia was blocked from attending historic Taiwan talks.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Guardian cites Radio Free Asia’s account of Kunming assailants trying to escape persecution.
– Slate cites RFE/RL story on Zhironovsky’s attempt to get rid of “primitive asiatic” letter.
– WVXU cites VOA reporting on Nigerian space complex.
– Korea Herald cites RFA reporting on foreign tourists being allowed to make stay-over trips to Sinuiju area.
– New Republic embeds RFE/RL interview on Yanukovych’s documents.
– Want China Times cites VOA report on Taiwan’s position in the South China Sea.
– A ‘mini-newsroom for mobile‘ at the New York Times.
– Not very much workplace diversity at journalism startups.
– Editor of Russia’s Lenta.ru fired over Ukraine coverage.
– Life and happiness in the cold.