About Our Networks
– Washington Post publishes editorial about possible reforms to U.S. international media
– Broadcasting & Cable notes BBG’s audiences in Ukraine have doubled in the past year
– AIB condemns satellite jamming by Ethiopia
Add NBA finals press
– Further press coverage of Radio Marti airing NBA finals to Cuba.
Citations of BBG Networks
Clinton papers say then-Sen. Joe Biden was adamant about RFE/RL remaining independent in the 1990s
Eurasianet says only RFE/RL Kyrgyz service defended Manas’ legacy
Shababek (Iraqi news site) cited Radio Sawa reporting on the forty-five people who were killed by suspected Boko Haram gunmen pretending to be preachers in a village near the group’s spiritual home in northeast Nigeria.
Arabian Business (pan-Arab news and information site cited Radio Sawa reporting on the ban of cinemas in Saudi Arabia. The closure of cinemas and theaters happened amid a rise of conservatism after a group of religious extremists, led by al Otaibi, seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca in 1979 to protest what they saw as a rapid liberalization of the Islamic state.
ERIM (Encyclopedia of Republic of Iraq Media) cited Alhurra and Radio Sawa reporting on the 70th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy
– Central African Republic bans text messaging