About Our Networks
– Ukrainians watch the same TV and still don’t agree. New York Daily News covers the BBG’s research briefing on Ukraine.
– Bloomberg Businessweek discusses Russia’s global media empire and distortion of news, mentions how the budget for U.S. international media is significantly smaller.
– Iranian state media launches smear campaign against journalist Masih Alinejad (who also has her own segment on Voice of America’s OnTen program) who launched a website asking women to send in photos of themselves sans hijab.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Huffington Post cites VOA reporting on the Thai coup.
– Rudaw quotes 2012 Alhurra TV interview with Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani.
– AllAfrica cites VOA reporting on Cameroon military operation against Boko Haram.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA on Chinese officials ordering Tibetan religious leaders to be loyal and joyful.
– Midnimo cites VOA coverage of 20 year-old from Minneapolis who may have gone to Turkey to fight in Syria civil war.
– New platform facilitates journalist collaboration around the world.
– BBC News cutting 500 jobs.
– Daily life outside of Tehran.
– The world’s unhappiest countries.
– Secret Service seeking sarcasm-detecting software.