About Our Networks
– Setareh Derakhshesh, director of the VOA Persian Service, publishes an op-ed in the New York Times on internet freedom in Iran.
– Politico mentions House and Senate discussions on Internet freedom initiatives.
– Neo Club Press (Spanish news site) acknowledges Armando Anel, Radio Marti, Spanish language writer and editor.
– Radio Slobodna, Bosnian affiliate of RFE/RL, gets new multimedia tools.
Citations of BBG Networks
– The Asian Correspondent uses RFA reporting about two stabbed police officers in Qaraquah county in China.
– The Algemeiner refers to VOA report about President Barack Obama’s efforts to diffuse Russian tensions in Ukraine.
– The Zimbabwean cites a VOA interview with Antonio Muchanga about the Dhlakama election campaign.
– This Day Live cites VOA coverage regarding the arrest of 40 suspected Boko Haram militants.
– Die Welt (German news site) recounts VOA employee, Ibrahim Sabo, about Boko Haram.
– Neue Zurcher Zeitung (German news site) references Radio Liberty about Putin’s visits with Medvedchuk.
– Global Voices Portuguese cites RFE/RL about Internet inaccessibility in Tajikistan.
– Vermelho (Portuguese new site) refers to Radio Marti and TV Marti about the American investment in foreign news services.
– Journalism in Egypt: “Only praise, at the expense of the truth.”
– Pakistan censors print edition of the New York Times.
– News organizations revisit Iraq.
– Putin’s response to journalist’s question about the peace plan in Ukraine.