About Our Networks
– Gulf News mentions “crackdown” on RFE/RL in Azerbaijan.
– The Sacramento Bee discusses the impact of international broadcasting.
– Technical error in Cuba briefly lets Cubans freely access Radio/TV Marti and other blocked websites.
– The Miami Herald (Spanish-language) reports on the operations of Radio/TV Marti.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Bloomberg Businessweek quotes RFA interview with protester in China regarding government building a waste incineration plant.
– Washington Post cites VOA piece on Iraqi politics.
– Vice News uses RFE/RL video of residents fleeing Pakistan’s North Waziristan.
– Fox News cites VOA report that 219 Nigerian schoolgirls remain missing.
– UPI quotes VOA interview with Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop on the China-Vietnam dispute.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA reporting on the crackdown on press freedom in China.
– Egypt convicts Al Jazeera journalists, sentences them to 7 years in prison.
– Hiring challenges in the federal government.
– Mozilla, the New York Times, and Washington Post will collaborate on a community platform for news.
– AP style should adopt the oxford comma.
– Chinese media call Hong Kong vote “mincing ludicrousness.”