About Our Networks
– “In those days in Cuba, jazz was a four-letter word, but we loved that music so much. I remember when I did my first radio broadcast with Willis. “ – Paquito D’Rivera remembers VOA’s Willis Conover in Washington Post interview.
– Washington Post mentions RFE/RL in article about CIA bin-Laden devils.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Washington Post uses Radio Sawa reporting on Baiji oil refinery falling to insurgents from ISIS.
– Fox News cites VOA piece about Minneapolis man who went to fight with ISIS.
– France24 cites RFE/RL Tajik service story on army hazing.
– Telegraph quotes statement that Ilham Tohti handed RFA before disappearance.
– Radio Tamazuj quotes VOA interview with SPLM-in-Opposition, Riek Machar on South Sudan peace talks.
– Rudaw quotes RFE/RL interview with Mosul resident who welcomed the Iraqi army’s retreat.
– Eurasianet cites RFE/RL Tajik service on detention of Tajik scholar.
– Al Youm Al Sabe’a (Egyptian news site) cited statements aired on Radio Sawa from the British Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Farah Dakhlallah regarding the situation in Iraq. Dakhlallah stated that Isis poses most serious threat to Britain’s national security.
– Sada Elbalad (Egyptian news site) cited statements aired on Radio Sawa from the Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel regarding the security collapse in Iraq. The United States signed a strategic agreement with the Iraqi government, but we can’t dictate outcomes, Hagel said.
– Al Jazeera shutting down offices in Egypt.
– American confidence in news media declines.
– What’s the matter with Russia?
– Understanding Facebook.