About Our Networks
– The Guardian notes that VOA was the target of cyber attacks.
– The Minneapolis Star Tribune recalls how a Coast Guard ship broadcast VOA programs from 1952-1964.
– Politico notes that Senate and House subcommittees will mark up FY15 appropriations bills, including some concerning VOA and Alhurra.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Wall Street Journal notes that VOA journalist heard Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif say he aims to watch Iran game in World Cup finals.
– Yonhap cites VOA reporting about a summit meeting between North Korea and Japan regarding abducted Japanese people.
– Phnom Penh Post quotes RFA report on Netherlands branding Bun Ratha asylum.
– The Ecumenical News quotes VOA interview with President Obama’s spiritual advisor regarding Iranian diplomacy.
– News Today (Egyptian news site) cited statements aired on Radio Sawa from the Secretary of State John Kerry regarding the situation in Iraq.
– The Federation of Arab News Agencies cited Radio Sawa about the eleven people killed in Northern Afghanistan when a roadside bomb went off after the close of polling stations of the second round of the presidential election.
– VOA Turkish exclusive interview with LeHigh University Professor and former State Department official Henri Barkey was picked up by OdaTV with full attribution to VOA Turkish and its reporter Mehtap Colak Yilmaz.
– VOA Turkish report on nomination of former OIC President Ekmeleddin Ihsanoglu for president in Turkey and reaction to it got picked up by major online news portals and major dailies Sozcu andEvrensel.
– Blocked in China.
– Anonymous sources.
– Upworthy headlines.
– Tor is for everyone.