About Our Networks
– Carnegie Center mentions RFE/RL Azerbaijani Service interview with Ambassador Richard Morningstar, which was condemned by a government official
– India Currents publishes an article about Diversity Day at VOA (page 20).
– Washington Post publishes a letter to the editor by Congressman Ed Royce, regarding U.S. international media.
– AIB condemns satellite jamming in Ethiopia. Radio World notes that VOA is one of the channels affected.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Defining China’s borders circa 1136 AD. Quartz quotes VOA report on territorial dispute.
– Washington Free Beacon cites RFE/RL interview with Obama’s spiritual adviser.
– Yonhap cites VOA reporting on North Korean weather forecasting.
– Tribune-Review references Alhurra footage showing ISIS fighters patrolling Duluiyah.
– Seattle Times cites VOA’s Steve Herman on press restrictions in Thailand.
– Dalje cites RFA reporting on six people killed in Xinjiang.
– Andrew Sullivan references Iraq explainer by RFE/RL’s Carl Schreck.
– Chosun Ilbo cites RFA reporting on new leadership duties of Kim Jong-un’s half-sister Kim Sol-song.
– Yonhap (South Korean News Agency) cites RFA reporting on OPEC Fund for International Development food aid to North Korea.
– Digital news consumption around the world.
– Q&A on media with Jonah Peretti.
– What to do in an internet blackout.
– Kickstarting journalism.