About Our Networks
– Radio World article on possible reforms to U.S. international media.
– Screen Africa carries AIB statement denouncing satellite jamming by Ethiopia
Citations of Our Networks
– RFE/RL’s Golnaz Esfandiari in ” The Atlantic” on Iran’s “dispute over heaven”
– “Weekly Standard” and Newsmax uses Golnaz Esfandiari’s interview with Obama’s spiritual adviser after trip to Iran
– Tehelka reviews Abubakar Siddique’s book, “The Pashtun Question”
– RFE/RL mentioned in “Washington Post” obituary for Isaac Patch
– VOA Turkish Service’s exclusive interview with Francis Ricciardone, the US Ambassador to Turkey during the American Turkish Council Annual Conference in DC was widely distributed by three major news agencies in Turkey, ANKA News Agency, Dogan News Agency and Arcaajans and was picked up by 12 online news sites and newspapers in Turkey with full attribution to VOA Turkish. Ambassador Ricciardone commented on the current stage of US-Turkey relations saying although there are differences of views on some issues, the relations are stronger than ever. “We are on almost on the same frequency. Turkey is at the center of golden opportunities”, the Ambassador stated.
–Al Youm Al Sabe’a (Egyptian news and information site) cited statements aired on Radio Sawa from the United Nations and Arab League envoy to Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, regarding the situation in Syria. has said he fears the country could turn into a new Somalia unless the crisis does not end soon. In addition, he warned of a scenario in which warlords and militia filled a void left by a collapsed state.
Also cited by Elbalad, Addustor, and Egypt News
– Al Bawabah News (Egyptian/pan-Arab news site) and Yemen Street (Yemeni news site) cited Radio Sawa reporting on the Iraqi security forces’ operation to free 1500 students and professors from Anbar University, following an attack on its campus in Ramadi by Islamic State of Iraq and Syria fighters.
– The EU Neighborhood Info Center published an article about the Samir Kassir Award for freedom of the press ceremony hosted by Alhurra anchor, Mona Wehbi.
Read: How Vox launched in 9 weeks
“Guardian” launches ” New East Network”