About Our Networks
– Fox News opinion urges expanding RFE/RL “outreach and intensity.”
– Newsmax discusses possible U.S. international media reform.
– “That’s what we did through all kinds of media, you know, the Voice of America is the most obvious example, but also the constant outreach that we were involved in.” – Hillary Clinton mentions VOA in CNN interview.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Guardian, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Shanghaiist, Wall Street Journal, Time, Telegraph, Bloomberg Businessweek, and Sydney Morning Herald cite RFA reporting on violence near Kashgar and on Juma Tahir, a high-profile Uyghur imam, being stabbed to death,
– Washington Post cites VOA reporting on Liberia closing its borders to contain Ebola.
– Washington Post uses RFE/RL reporting on Strelkov’s cursing ban.
– Christian Science Monitor cites VOA report on Chinese censorship of news about Shache County.
– EurasiaNet cites VOA Uzbek report on United States Central Command visit to Uzbekistan.
– Business Insider cites VOA reporting about pollution and a river turning red in Wenzhou.
– DailyNK cites RFA reporting on extracurricular activities of university students in North Korea.
– Business Korea cites VOA report on North Korean coffee consumption.
– U.S. government funding for Tor increased in 2013
– Russian soldier’s Instagram shows him operating equipment inside Ukraine and a Buk in Russia.
– Turkish women laughing at minister’s advice to stop laughing.
– Israel gives foreign journalists tours of Hamas-built tunnels.
– Cuban journalists receive media training in Miami.