About Our Networks
– International Campaign for Human Rights in Iran reports that signal jamming - including of VOA and Radio Farda – caused a lack of public safety information and was partially responsible for fatalities following June 12, 2014 sandstorm.
– The Guardian reprints a profile of RFE/RL’s “In Search of the Missing.”
Citations of BBG Networks
– A VOA Khmer article about Cambodia’s draft cybercrime law quoted by the Committee to Protect Journalists.
– Mashable uses RFE/RL link and translation of audio clip in which Khodakovsky acknowledges that a BUK missile system was in the possession of the rebels.
– RFE/RL reporting cited by Washington Times in article on Russian fighter jets reaching Iraq.
– RIA Novosti cites RFA report on policemen attacking Kau Yan church in Zhejiang province.
– VOA Hausa interview Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) on how Nigeria can defeat Boko Haram quoted by Osun Defender.
– Yonhap cites VOA reporting on medical aid to North Korea.
– Moscow Times cites RFE/RL reporting in piece on Sergei Udaltsov and Leonid Razvozzhayev trial.
– Sahara Reporters cites VOA story on Sudanese woman who was spared a death sentenceafter converting from Islam to Christianity.
– Yonhap cites RFA reporting on a jump in tourists visiting the Chinese side of Mt. Paektu.
– The Examiner cites VOA report on a terror threat against Norway.
– Liberia seeks clarification on U.S. visa denial for three government officials. AllAfrica cites VOA reporting.
– Four journalists, including Washington Post correspondent, detained in Iran.
– Journalists working for CNN and RT abducted in East Ukraine.
– Reddit launches live-blogging platform.
– Can the State Department “out-tweet the terrorists“?