About Our Networks
– “Two journalists on assignment for the U.S.-funded Arabic TV station Al-Hurra Iraq were injured on Sunday while covering clashes between Iraqi security forces and Islamic State fighters in the district of Jurf al-Sakhar in Babil province.”
– In report about the Egyptian media environment, Carnegie Middle East Program recalls how armed men stormed Alhurra’s Cairo office in 2011.
– GlobalPost takes a look at the Office of Cuba Broadcasting’s Piramideo.
– Washington Times reports on BBG FLRA case.
Citations of BBG Networks
– The Telegraph quotes RFA interview with a witness to attempted mass suicide in China.
– Ukrainian 1st Channel cites RFE/RL report of Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk’s visit to Sloviansk.
– Nigerian Tribune cites VOA report on Israeli air strikes in Gaza.
– The Guardian reprints RFE/RL’s photo essay on Tajik migrants.
– The Chosun Ilbo cites VOA on 8 nations sending a formal complaint that North Korea’s missile launches violate international conventions.
– Media freedom under threat in Hong Kong.
– Drinking tea with a pro-Russia rebel in Ukraine.
– BBC defends its coverage of Israeli air strikes in Gaza.