About Our Broadcasters
– The Washington Post writes about RFE/RL efforts to find the missing in Afghanistan.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Washington Post Columnist Anne Applebaum cites RFE/RL interview with Andrei Kuznetsov about seeking political asylum in Kiev.
– The New York Times Blog published an op-ed citing RFA report about 6 farmers killed in attack in Xinjiang.
– Al Jazeera cites a RFA interview with Myanmar President Thein Sein about the arrest of five Myanmar journalists.
– Foreign Policy publishes and op-ed citing RFE/RL interview with Richard Morningstar about Azerbaijan’s political development.
– The Atlantic cites RFE/RL infographic capturing the global geography of age.
– Vice News refers to VOA interview with UNAIDS Rights Gender and Community Mobilization Director Mariangela Simao about medical access in Africa.
– The Korea Herald cites VOA report on North Korean ship smuggling weapons through the Panama Canal.
– Digital Journal cites RFE/RL interview with Ghor Province governor Sayed Anwar Rahmati about gun battle with Taliban fighters.
– OnIslam cites VOA interview with Matthew Longacre about charity during Ramadan.
– Arirang News refers to VOA interview with U.S. Assistant Secretary for International Security and Nonproliferation Thomas Countryman about WMDs in North Korea, Iran and Syria.
– The Independent cites RFE/RL report about monkey attack in Crimea, killing six-week-old baby.
– Women News Network cites VOA report on supply chains between Nigeria and Cameroon.
– The Express Tribune publishes an op-ed citing VOA report on conflict in Israel.
– Design and Trend refers to VOA report on Dengue fever vaccine.
– ArtNet News cites RFE/RL report confirming “Well-Known” Prague gallery praised by Russian TV is really just an office hallway.
– NRCU Ukrainian Radio cites RFE/RL interview with EU Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy Stefan Fule, about eliminating the visa regime for Ukrainian citizens.
– News Pakistan cites RFA report on U.S.-China military relations.
– Neuw Zurcher Seitung (German news site) cites RFE/RL report on Ukrainian abductions by separatists.
– Al Masry Alyoum (Egyptian news site) cites Radio Sawa about, UN’s humanitarian coordinator in Yemen, Johannes Van Der Klaauw, warning about the deteriorating humanitarian situation and the targeting of hospitals and schools, saying that civilians should be spared from the fighting
– OdaTV, Sancaktepe, Sondakika, Haberx, Gercek Gundem, Aktif Medya, Yurt Gazetesi, Gasete Cagdas and Haber Corlu cite Turkish Service covering a Bi-Partisan Policy Center discussion on July 11, in which speakers debated the upcoming presidential elections in Turkey.
– Smartphone advancements, too much?
– Robot journalism.
– Turning ‘Likes’ into a career.