About Our Networks
– Congratulations to journalists within our networks who report on Asia. Asia Radio Today does a rundown of awards they received in 2013.
– Washington Post mentions RFE/RL being taken off AM in list of “highs and lows” in U.S.-Russia relationship.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Cambodian government troops kill at least four garment workers. Los Angeles Times cites Voice of America report that police shot directly into crowds.
– Wall Street Journal’s Mary Kissel tweets Radio Free Asia video of Cambodia crackdown.
– Traditional values? Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty’s Brian Whitmore cited in Foreign Policy for analysis on Russia’s new “international brand”
– Chosun Ilbo cites Radio Free Asia report of contraband ski equipment at new North Korean ski resort.
– “It’s a museum item. It should be in a museum.” The Telegraph discusses Gulnara Karimova’s mysteriously extensive art collection, cites RFE/RL Uzbek.
– Yonhap cites VOA report that International Red Cross is cutting 2014 aid to North Korea.
– Will Myanmar constitution be revised to allow Aung San Suu Kyi to run for president? Burma News International cites RFA reporting.
– NATO soldier killed in Afghanistan. UPI cites VOA reporting.
– Al-Qaida group declares dominance over Iraqi city of Fallujah. UPI cites VOA reporting.
– Kim Jung Un probably didn’t feed his uncle to 120 ravenous dogs.
– Ukrainians bring mirrors to protests.
– Register your SIM card or lose your service.
– American University PhD student goes missing spearfishing in Persian Gulf.
– Community newspaper for felons and the guards who keep them there