About Our Networks
– Hackathon for Cuba to address the lack of information freedom on the Cuban internet, which includes the blocking of Radio and TV Marti websites.
– Zimbabwe government official claims that the only reason people listen to VOA and other private media is “because they are unable to get the signal of the Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation.”
Citations of BBG Networks
– CNN International uses Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty video of protest in Ukraine.
– Vietnam feeling threatened by increasingly marginalized role in Laos. Quartz cites Radio Free Asia in story on China’s increasing influence in the region.
– VOA’s Steve Herman joins an episode of the John Batchelor Show to discuss China.
– Slate cites RFE/RL piece on Steven Seagal’s praise of Putin.
– Nagaland Post cites VOA report on election boycott in Thailand.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA on detention of Tibetan youth for having image of Dalai Lama on his phone.
– White House “deeply concerned” by China’s treatment of foreign journalists.
– Tech sanctions on Sudan make it difficult for activists to communicate securely.
– North Korean Ambassador to the UK speaks with Sky News.
– Fake news.