About Our Networks
– VOA journalist Tapdig Farhadoglu beaten in Azerbaijan.
– NBC interviews VOA’s Myroslava Gongadze about Ukraine, journalism, and her personal history.
– WKYC profiles Radio/TV Marti and its role in broadcasting uncensored news to Cuba.
– Radio Newark, an online radio station which uses some VOA content, gets an FM license.
– FedScoop interviews Rebecca Shakespeare, senior digital media analyst at BBG’s Office of Digital & Design Innovation.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Huffington Post quotes VOA interview on the future for Sochi post-Olympics.
– RFE/RL’s Natalia Sedletska quoted in Guardian story about investigative journalists digging through documents at Yanukovych’s residence.
– Foreign Policy links to RFE/RL tweet on mysterious $12 million receipt found in Yanukovych estate.
– VOA’s Elizabeth Arrott appears on Channels TV’s Network Africa (4:18, part 2).
– Tibetan Review cites Radio Free Asia story on Tibetan monks detained after saving yaks.
– KPCC includes VOA story on immigration reform in roundup.
– UPI cites VOA report on price subsidies for rice farmers in Thailand.
In the foreign-language press:
– Sada Elbalad (Egyptian news site) cites Radio Sawa report that Venezuela’s President Nicolas Maduro threatened to remove CNN from the air if it does not rectify its coverage of the recent protests.
– Doniai Alwatan (Palestinian news site) cites Radio Sawa report that 20 individuals were killed and 25 others wounded in a mortar attack that targeted separate areas of Musayyib city, south of the Iraqi capital.
– Mozilla to unveil $25 smartphone for emerging markets.
– Ukraine restricts broadcasts of Russian TV.
– CNN journalists expelled from Venezuela.
– Marching for press freedom in Hong Kong.
– Digital security for journalists.
– From letters and packages to WhatsApp.
– House of Cards journalists bad at journalism.