About Our Networks
– RFE/RL’s Khadija Ismayilova questioned by government.
– Wall Street Journal notes that Congress recently allocated $25.5 million for internet anti-censorship efforts to the Broadcasting Board of Governors.
– The Channel publishes an interview with MBN President Brian Conniff on Alhurra’s 10th anniversary (pg 62), as well as an interview with RFE/RL President Kevin Klose (pg 56).
Citations of BBG Networks
– New York Times piece on the disappearance of Ilham Tohti
, Uyghur economics professor and advocate, quotes a statement he made to Radio Free Asia on his concerns.
– Huffington Post cites RFA piece on talking about streamed buns
in order to talk about politics in China.
In the foreign-language press:
– Al Youm Al Sabe’a (Egyptian news site), Akhbarak, Shorouk News, Addustor and Al Mashhad cited statements aired on Radio Sawa from the Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns regarding the U.S. relationship with Arab countries in the Persian Gulf and the ongoing diplomatic efforts with Iran.
– Al Youm Al Sabe’a
(Egyptian news site) cited Radio Sawa report on General Idriss saying that regional unit commanders of the rebel Syrian Free Army reject his dismissal.
(pan-Arab news portal) cited Radio Sawa reporting on the casualties of Wednesday’s twin blasts that targeted the Iranian cultural mission in the Lebanese capital of Beirut rose to 6 killed and more than 120 injured, Radio Sawa reported.
(Hong Kong-branch of China Mainland newswire) cited Radio Free Asia report that Liu Xia, wife of jailed Nobel laureate Liu Xiaobo, granted permission to treat her heart disease.
This entry was posted in
. Bookmark the permalink
. Comments are closed, but you can leave a trackback: Trackback URL