About Our Networks
– Russian state television airs anti-American film during a break from Olympic coverage. Washington Post notes that the film has a mention of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
– Google’s search results in China do include the Voice of America.
– Radio World reports that Richard Stengel will join the Broadcasting Board of Governors as Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs.
Citations of BBG Networks
– The Express Tribune quotes VOA interview with Afghan Taliban spokesperson that claim of negotiations between Karzai and Taliban is “baseless.”
– Time quotes VOA report on new rules for facial hair for Sikhs in the military.
– Washington Post opinion piece cites statistics on homelessness from VOA report.
– RFE/RL Ukrainian Service video of protesters leaving city hall used by CNN and WDAM.
– Ethiopian pilot hijacks plane in attempt to get asylum from Switzerland. UPI votes VOA reporting.
– UPI cites VOA report on third anniversary of “Day of Rage” on Libya.
– UPI cites RFE/RL report of Valentine’s Day being celebrated in Pakistan as form of protest.
– Filming a love story in Iran.
– Reporting on everyday life in Xinjiang.
– House of Cards as public diplomacy in China? (no spoilers)
– Internet improvements in Iran.
– Head of Australia’s publicly-funded broadcaster defends international broadcasting.
– How a first-time film-maker alerted the world to Venezuela’s student protests.