About Our Networks
– The BBG responds to the situation in the Central African Republic.
– Dina Baidildayeva, a blogger and also a social networks editor at RFE/RL, detained after showing solidarity for bloggers in Kazakhstan.
– The news from February 1964: Solid state electronics helped save space at the Voice of America.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Hitler and Lord Voldemort? Bloomberg Businessweek cites Voice of America report on diplomatic relations in Asia.
– Yahoo News Canada uses report by RFE/RL about saving Sochi’s dogs.
– Bloomberg Businessweek cites Voice of America report on situation in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
– North Korea may have the world’s largest deposit of rare earth minerals. International Business Times cites VOA reporting.
– UPI quotes VOA interview with former Vice President of South Sudan Riek Machar.
In the foreign-language press:
– Yahoo News Romania cites RFE/RL report about the payouts for Olympic gold-medal winners.
– Yonhap News (South Korean news agency) cites RFA report that North Korea-specialized tourist company ‘Krahun Tours’ organized by U.S. citizens are supposed to visit North Korea this spring to plant trees.
– Opposition radio stations pop up in Syria, some with U.S. government support.
– Trial for Al Jazeera journalists set for February 20 in Egypt.
– The state of journalism in China.
– Bill Keller leaving the New York Times for online journalism startup.
– A lot of people leaving traditional media organizations for online journalism startups.
– Mapping conflict trends in Pakistan.
– 50 years ago today the Beatles played their first U.S. concert in D.C.