About Our Networks
– Michael McFaul suggests that Voice of America should be given more resources to counter Russian propaganda.
– Freelance journalist in South Sudan - whose coverage included reports on state security issues for VOA – is in hiding.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Time cites RFA reporting on violence in Xinjiang, notes that Chinese state-controlled media offers a counter narrative.
– Yonhap cites VOA report on Catholic groups attempting to engage North Korea ahead of a visit to South Korea by Pope Francis.
– The Nation mentions RFE/RL Gandhara interview with Malala Yousafzai.
– DailyNK cites VOA reporting on U.S. NGO aid to North Korea.
– BBC relaunches blacked out Thai news service on Facebook.
– Can America win the online battle for hearts and minds?
– An interview with Iran’s Banksy.
– Assault on a female journalist in Ukraine.
– Huffington Post to launch Arabic-language site.
– Russia threatens to restrict access to BBC website.