About Our Networks
– Radio Taiwan International interviews Radio Free Asia’s Shiny Li regarding the network’s investigative reporting on food safety problems in China.
– Washington Times discusses the role of the Secretary of State within the BBG.
– Radio World reports on the BBG’s recently released report on the future of shortwave broadcasting.
Citations of BBG Networks
– The Atlantic cites RFE/RL reporting on several-hour Uzbekistan internet shutdown, possibly to thwart student cheating.
– Christian Science Monitor cites VOA reporting on 30 people injured after airstrike in Gaza.
– Yonhap cites RFA reporting on the possibility of a North Korea-hosted international golf tournament.
– Moscow Times cites RFE/RL reporting on probe of Kremlin-connected businessman in California
– Find my phone! RFA reporting on lost South Korean cellphones ending up in North Korea cited by Chosun Ilbo.
– Yonhap (South Korean news agency) cites RFA reporting on a Hackathon to get ideas to evade North Korea’s information blockade and spread information about the outside world to North Korea. An idea to make palm-sized radios and send them to North Korea took the first place at the event, and the winning team announced a plan to develop a small satellite antenna, which would allow North Koreans to have access to more channels.
– Ten useful iOS apps for mobile journalists.
– Afghanistan invests $2 billion in high-speed optical fiber and other technologies.
– John Oliver explains the trend toward native advertising in print journalism.
– The President and the press.
– Independent Russian journalist found dead.