About Our Networks
– In article about Tibetans growing up in the West, Foreign Policy discusses online reactions to a VOA Tibet piece on mixed race Tibetans.
Citations of BBG Networks
– BBC cites RFE/RL interview with analyst on Iraq crisis, who predicts that U.S. air strikes will be a short term measure.
– Today’s Zaman uses VOA reporting on voting turnout for elections in Turkey.
– Newsweek cites RFE/RL reporting on Armenian President Serzh Sarkisian wanting to hold a trilateral meeting with Azerbaijan and Russia.
– Morocco World News quotes Alhurra interview with Moroccan PM Abdelilah Benkirane.
– China Digital Times cites RFA reporting on Woeser being detained and intimidated at an airport for three hours when trying to travel to Lhasa.
– ZDNet cites RFE/RL reporting on new blogger law in Russia.
– International Business Times cites VOA reporting on troops loyal to Al-Maliki deploying to locations around Baghdad.
– Latin Post cites RFE/RL reporting on France’s Foreign Minister urging Iraqis to build a united front.
– RIA Novosti cites RFA reporting on Vietnamese activist detained by authorities.
– Al Arab (London-based Arabic newspaper) cited Alhurra for its interview with the Libyan Prime Minister regarding the current crisis in Libya. Rival factions of Libyans should reach a national peace accord to solve the current crisis similar to the Taif Agreement that ended the civil war in Lebanon in 1989. Also cited by Yahoo Maktoob, Media One Radio and many other news outlets.
– The war photo no one would publish.
– Putin’s war against Russia’s last independent TV channel.
– SW Radio Africa closing due to lack of funding.
– Media training in the digital era.
– Iran’s war on journalism.
– The jihadi gift shop in Istanbul.