About Out Networks
– Variety profiles Alhurra TV’s “Rayheen ala feen” (Where Do We Go From Here?)
– New York Times publishes obituary for David Burke.
– Sen. Roger Wicker and Rep. Aaron Shock criticize proposed RFE/RL Balkans Service cuts on Fox News.
Citations of BBG Networks
– New York Times references RFE/RL Ukrainian service video of a crowd cheering for the “Lugansk People’s Republic.”
– The Telegraph uses VOA footage of Ukraine military helicopter explosion.
– McClatchy quotes RFE/RL journalist Bogdana Kostiuk on the propaganda war being waged over Ukraine.
– Eleven Myanmar cites RFA reporting on electon campaigning in Burma.
– Tibetan Review cites RFA reporting on destroyed Tibetan kilns.
– Attack on journalist starts battle in Pakistan press.
– Applying economics to media bias.
– “If you don’t have Internet order, how can you have Internet freedom?”
– Pro-Russian separatists seize control of TV station in Ukraine.
– Washington Post editorial gives credit to New York Times for hard-hitting reporting on China.
– “Male opinion columnists outnumber women by more than two to one at The Wall Street Journal, more than three to one at The Washington Post, and five to one at The New York Times.”