About Our Networks
– “Our criticism of the U.S. government’s covert or “discreet” funding of communication channels like ZunZuneo or Radio Free Europe presumes that they try to seed something non-native.”
– How to evaluate U.S. international media.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Reuters quotes VOA Albanian interview with Finance Minister Shkelqim Cani about market stability.
– Deutsche Welle cites RFA reporting on on oil and gas links across Asia.
– Yonhap cites RFA report on South Korean Christian missionary Kim Jong-uk’s detention in North Korea.
– Sabahi cites VOA Somali report on shooting in Mogadishu.
In the foreign-language press:
– Albawaba news (Egyptian news site) cites Radio Sawa reporting on gunman who opened fire at two Jewish facilities near Kansas City on Sunday, killing three people.
– Sada Elbalad (Egyptian news site) cited Radio Sawa for its interview with the General Secretary of the Palestinian National Initiative Mustafa Barghouti regarding the Israeli sanctions against the Palestinian Authority in retaliation for its signing up to join international treaties. Baarghoti said that Palestinians should end security cooperation with Israel.
– Al-Alam, Arab News-Canada, Aden al-Ghad, al-Seyasee, al-Badeel, JP News, el-Khandaq, al-Raiyand ERIM reported on the interview that Alhurra’s Eye on Democracy did with Saudi Princess Alanoud Alfayez and her daughters, Princesses Sahar and Jawaher. This is their first interview on an Arabic-Language network, and their second worldwide. The two princesses said that they have been held in the royal compound in Jeddah for the past 13 years. Their sister Hala is also being held in a nearby palace, while their other sister Maha is held in an unknown place.
– Free wifi in Kenyan public spheres connects the unconnected.
– Inside Chinese TV.
– Facebook publishes transparency report.
– Buzzfeed and the news.
– CCTV granted permission to broadcast in Pakistan.
– Importance of having purpose.
– Interior lives in Egypt.