About Our Networks
– USA Today interviews Russian journalists Ivan Beliaev and Ildar Gabidullin – both affiliated with RFE/RL – regarding media repression in Ukraine.
– “So let Russian President Vladimir Putin play his childish Cold War games, and let us keep our media open in keeping with our history and our values.”
Citations of BBG Networks
– AP quotes a Radio Free Asia interview with Vi Duc Hoi after Vietnam releases him and another dissident.
– Geeska Afrika cites interview with VOA’s Tigrinya program on Turkish Airlines commencing flights to Eritrea in May.
– Al Arabiya uses RFE/RL photo of controversial Iranian diplomat
– Retracing what happened before Austin Tice disappeared in Syria.
– Is Iran still a nation of bloggers?
– Kazakh authorities may soon have ability to cut all communications within hours.
– A protest in Moscow for media freedom.
– Can broadcasting compete with the Internet?
– The photographer who stages murders in Iran.