About Our Networks
– PRI recalls how VOA reporter was expelled from China following Tiananmen Square protests.
– RFE/RL’s Khadija Ismayilova named one of CPJ’s “100 Information Heroes.”
– Washington Post mentions RFE/RL during the Cold War.
– Washington Times on contractors at the BBG.
Citations of BBG Networks
– Radio Australia references Gao Yu statement that aired on Radio Free Asia before his disappearance.
– Washington Times cites VOA reporting on subway crash in Seoul.
– Nyasa Times cites VOA interview with Voice Mhone on Malawi elections.
– Albany Times Union cites RFA piece on China’s “50-cent Army.”
– The Diplomat cites VOA reporting on China-Russia joint naval drills.
– Turkey’s Dogan News Agency re-distributed VOA Turkish’s story on the State Department’s Terrorism Report in its entirety with full attribution to Voice of America Turkish. Dogan News Agency is among the top five news agencies in Turkey. The same report was also carried by at least four newspapers in Turkey.
– Censoring the reaction to the Urumqi bombing.
– Bill Keller and Marcus Brauchli on how journalism will survive.
– Media use in the Middle East.
– Photos of May Day protests in Turkey.