Innovating at the Speed of News
Come learn how this U.S. government-funded international news and information agency is using cutting-edge technologies to shape the future of news delivery, social discourse and crisis response around the clock and around the globe.
Participate in hands-on demonstrations and learn more about:
- Internet anti-censorship tools in China and Iran
- How people in Mali can listen to Voice of America with a local phone call
- Social media links with audiences in Cuba
- A collaborative blog with personalized accounts of the plight of Syrians
- Next-generation storytelling tools that transcend platforms
… and a dozen more exciting projects that our technologists, journalists, and innovators have developed during the past year to serve audiences in more than 100 countries in which the media are not entirely free.
When: June 13, 2013, noon to 2 p.m.
Where: Room HVC 215 in the Capitol Visitor Center
A light lunch will be provided – as long as supplies last!