Broadcasting Board of Governors Governor Victor Ashe and Middle East Broadcasting Networks (MBN) President Brian Conniff have embarked on a four country trip to the Middle East. While in Cairo, Ashe and Conniff met with bloggers and members of the local media to discuss the role of U.S. international broadcasting in the region. They also visited Alhurra’s news operation in Cairo and met with the staff of Alhurra’s flagship program Al Youm. In addition to visiting Alhurra’s team in Cairo, Ashe and Conniff will also survey MBN’s production center in Dubai; along with stops in Kuwait City and Doha.
- Press Releases
- VOA Russian and Russian Affiliate Launch New Show about US-Russian Relations
- BBG Condemns Reported Murder of U.S. Journalist James Foley
- Two Years: No Word on Missing Alhurra Correspondent
- Nabila Kilani Joins Alhurra as a Co-Anchor of Al Youm
- Ben Rhodes Outlines Role for International Media, Board Examines RFE/RL and Shortwave