Alhurra, the Arabic-language satellite channel, launches its latest program Hiwar Cairo. This weekly talk show broadcasts from the Egyptian capital and will highlight the latest political, cultural and social events in Egypt. The series, which debuts tonight, will include in-depth reports and interviews with experts and analysts. Hiwar Cairo is hosted by Tarek El Shamy and airs Friday evenings at 21:10 GMT. According to international research firms such as ACNielsen, Alhurra has consistently had a weekly reach of approximately 25 million for the past three years. The most recent survey done by ACNielsen in Egypt show that Alhurra has a weekly reach of 7.5 percent. That is larger than all of the other non-indigenous Arabic-language new channels (including BBC Arabic, Russia Today, Deutsche Welle and France24) combined and nearly doubled the audience of Hezbollah’s Al Manar in Egypt.
Upcoming EventsPast Events
- Closed Board Meeting, May 24, 2016
- Media Consumption in Iraq; Are Mobiles Changing the Way Iraqis Get Their News?
- Board Meeting, April 20, 2016
- New VOA Director Sworn In, April 18, 2016
- Board Meeting, February 26, 2016
- Assessing Russia’s Influence in Its Periphery; Is Russia Really Winning an Information War?