Alhurra, the Arabic-language satellite channel, launches its latest program Hiwar Cairo. This weekly talk show broadcasts from the Egyptian capital and will highlight the latest political, cultural and social events in Egypt. The series, which debuts tonight, will include in-depth reports and interviews with experts and analysts. Hiwar Cairo is hosted by Tarek El Shamy and airs Friday evenings at 21:10 GMT. According to international research firms such as ACNielsen, Alhurra has consistently had a weekly reach of approximately 25 million for the past three years. The most recent survey done by ACNielsen in Egypt show that Alhurra has a weekly reach of 7.5 percent. That is larger than all of the other non-indigenous Arabic-language new channels (including BBC Arabic, Russia Today, Deutsche Welle and France24) combined and nearly doubled the audience of Hezbollah’s Al Manar in Egypt.
BBG BlogsBBG Blogs from IBB Director Dick Lobo, VOA Director David Ensor, and more.
- Press Releases
- Ten Days After Detention, Fate Of RFE/RL Turkmen Correspondent Is Unknown
- VOA Exclusive: Boston Bombing Suspect Met Former Chechen Rebel before Attack
- Board Members Discuss Media Freedom and Other Ongoing BBG Priorities and Hold a Town Hall Meeting on the Budget
- VOA Pronunciation Guide Gets Innovative Makeover
- Newseum Memorial Honors VOA Reporter killed in Pakistan
HighlightsRecent Research and Reports