In a radio report and an accompanying web article, the Iraqi Service told the story in February of Liberty Square in Baghdad, which has become the favorite place for journalists to get man-on-the-street opinions from the Iraqi people. What makes this development particularly poignant is that, for years, Iraqis knew Liberty Square primarily as the site of public executions carried out by the regime of Saddam Hussein. When journalists come to Liberty Square today to talk to
Upcoming EventsPast Events
- Closed Board Meeting, May 24, 2016
- Media Consumption in Iraq; Are Mobiles Changing the Way Iraqis Get Their News?
- Board Meeting, April 20, 2016
- New VOA Director Sworn In, April 18, 2016
- Board Meeting, February 26, 2016
- Assessing Russia’s Influence in Its Periphery; Is Russia Really Winning an Information War?