VOA Somali Stringer Released From Jail
On Jan. 6, authorities in the semi-autonomous Somali region of Puntland freed VOA Somali stringer Mohamed Yasin Isahaq. He had been held without charges since Dec. 20, when members of the Puntland Intelligence Services took him into custody. VOA Africa Division director Gwen Dillard said, “Mr. Isahaq is an excellent journalist and we join his colleagues and his family in welcoming his release.
- Press Releases
- VOA Russian and Russian Affiliate Launch New Show about US-Russian Relations
- BBG Condemns Reported Murder of U.S. Journalist James Foley
- Two Years: No Word on Missing Alhurra Correspondent
- Nabila Kilani Joins Alhurra as a Co-Anchor of Al Youm
- Ben Rhodes Outlines Role for International Media, Board Examines RFE/RL and Shortwave