Welcome and Remarks by D. Jeffrey Hirschberg, Broadcasting Board of Governors
Steve Roberts – J.B. and Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of Media and Public Affairs, George Washington University
- Loren Jenkins, Senior Foreign Editor, National Public Radio
- Sherry Ricchiardi – Senior Writer, American Journalism Review and Professor, Indiana University School of Journalism
- Patrick Meier – Research Fellow, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative
- Bob Dietz – Asia Program Coordinator, Committee to Protect Journalists
In commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, experts will examine the dramatic shift of traditional media away from foreign reporting, the growth of Web-based citizen journalists, and their effects on coverage of international news and human rights issues.
- Date: December 10, 2008
- Time: 11:30 am – 1:15 pm
- Location: George Washington University, Jack Morton Auditorium805 21st Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
- RSVP by December 8, 2008: email@example.com or (202) 203-4400
- Light refreshments will be provided.