Titled “Radio Sawa and Alhurra TV: Opening Channels of Mass
Communication in the Middle East,” the chapter was written by Norman J. Pattiz, Chairman of the Middle East Committee of the Broadcasting Board of Governors. It appears in the book, Engaging the Arab & Islamic Worlds through Public Diplomacy: A Report and Action
Recommendations, edited by William A. Rugh, copyright 2004 by the Public Diplomacy Council, School of Media and Public Affairs, The George Washington University.
BBG BlogsBBG Blogs from IBB Director Dick Lobo, VOA Director David Ensor, and more.
- Press Releases
- Burma President Questioned on Rights Issues at VOA Town Hall Event
- Bashar Fahmi Still Missing After Nine Months
- Ten Days After Detention, Fate Of RFE/RL Turkmen Correspondent Is Unknown
- VOA Exclusive: Boston Bombing Suspect Met Former Chechen Rebel before Attack
- Board Members Discuss Media Freedom and Other Ongoing BBG Priorities and Hold a Town Hall Meeting on the Budget
HighlightsRecent Research and Reports